HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online form
- Download the application and mail, fax or email us a completed copy.
- Una aplicación en español también está disponible.
- Please allow 1-2 WEEKS for the approval and payment process.
WHERE TO SEND PAYMENT:
- Do not send any money to DS Kids Fun Foundation. All payments are to be made to the organization that is hosting the activity you have registered your child for. We will send our portion of the payment directly to the organization on your behalf.
- As we partner with families to support children’s desires to participate in extracurricular activities, we have developed the following criteria to guide us as we select applicants, based on available funding:
- Children enrolled in Kinder-12th grade (in public or private schools, or home-schooled) and residing within the DSISD school district.
- In order to ensure that we are able to use our funds to assist as many children as possible, we may have to limit funds to a maximum of $500 per calendar year, per family.
- It is the desire of DS Kids Fun Foundation that each family contribute a portion of the total registration cost, as an indication of their commitment to support the child’s extracurricular activity. The recommended contribution is 20% of the total amount needed. *This payment is not to be mailed to DS Kids Fun Foundation. Registration fees are all payable to the organization hosting the activity.
- We do not cover late fees, or reimbursable volunteer fees.
- When applicable, DS Kids Fun Foundation expects that the families will fulfill any volunteer requirements made by the organization hosting the extracurricular activity. Failure to do so may result in future funding being reduced or denied.
- The child is asked to submit a drawing or short essay, demonstrating their desire to participate in the given activity.